Senior Electricity Broker
HCG is seeking a motivated and experienced candidate to aggressively expand our Electricity Brokerage Service to serve large scale Massachusetts institutions and businesses. HCG Energy Brokerage is one of the only nonprofit energy brokerage firms in the Commonwealth. We are a nonprofit that gives back to other nonprofits. Your clients will be able to trust that our team will manage their electricity costs in a volatile market. All the while, HCG is putting revenue back into Western Massachusetts.
We are prepared to put significant resources behind building out a brokerage service, including marketing/sales support and a highly competitive salary/commission/benefits package for the right candidate. This is an excellent opportunity to build an entrepreneurial business unit within the structure of a successful and long-established energy business. If you are an experienced electricity broker, tired of working for brokerage firms, and wanting to do right by your customers, we invite you to grow with us. Please send resume and cover letter to Lydia King, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE
- Sell electricity services to commercial, nonprofit, municipal, industrial and institutional clients
- Develop a thorough understanding of customers’ business to create customized service offerings
- Using a thorough understanding of the electricity & natural gas markets, develop, recommend and sell suitable customized solutions to clients
- Communicate effectively with energy vendors, and utilities
- Keep current with energy industry news, products and trends
- Grow client portfolio by effective networking
- Unequivocally act and conduct business with the highest degree of ethical standards
- Maintain accurate and transparent records
- Keep organized and meet internal and external deadlines
- Support & promote team work environment
- Participate in mandatory and ad-hoc training
- Represent HCG at conferences and trade shows, as requested
- Adhere to HCG policies & procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution of higher education
- 5 years of renewable energy, energy services or energy commodity sales with demonstrated track record of success and sales advancement
- Professional and polished business conduct, communication and appearance
- Ability to effectively communicate with decision makers
- Desire and ability to lead
- Ability to problem solve on the spot
- Demonstrated record of independent performance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in written form
- Valid MA Driver’s License or State ID
- Authorized to legally work in the U.S.
Compensation: Market-based hourly wage with transparent volumetric commission. Highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and business expense reimbursement in accordance with HCG policy. Three weeks starting vacation.
RSVP Volunteer Coordinator
HCG is seeking a part-time(18 hours) candidate with experience working with older adults and/or volunteers. The RSVP Volunteer Coordinator manages the recruitment, retention, and recognition of senior volunteers primarily in Hampden County, with a special emphasis on Spanish-speaking volunteers and programs. The position will initially be based in Northampton but with significant Hampden County travel. Reports to the RSVP Director. Please send resume and cover letter to Lindsay Bennett-Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE
- Works with RSVP Director and Volunteer Manager in all areas of recruitment, retention, and recognition of senior volunteers.
- Interviews and matches volunteers with volunteer positions, utilizing the volunteer’s unique talents, interests and skills.
- Recruits, trains, and supports volunteers and stations that serve the Spanish-speaking population in the Pioneer Valley.
- Organizes ongoing volunteer training with primary focus on high impact initiatives.
- Provides support and problem-solves with volunteers and volunteer stations.
- Maintains accurate volunteer records.
- Oversees work of select volunteers assigned to the RSVP program
- Represents RSVP in community meetings and events.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with older adults and/or volunteers
Required Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and accurately complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and other program-specific software)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to use for work
- Ability to lift boxes with programmatic materials up to 30 pounds
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as job requires
- Successful completion of the National Service Criminal History Check components, including the NSOPW, state check, and FBI check
HCG is seeking an intern to assist the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to prepare reports, newsletters, press releases, and general correspondence, and to update data information. The individual needs to be knowledgeable about social media, excel, email marketing, publisher, and exhibit a willingness to learn. The position is temporary, 10+ hrs/week, $11.00/hour. Please send resume and cover letter to Lydia King, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE