Renewable Energy Credit Program Coordinator
The Renewable Energy Credit Program Coordinator researches, coordinates, and implements all functions needed for the development of Solar Renewal Energy Certificate (SREC), Alternative Energy Certificate (AEC) Aggregation, and Sustainability programs offered by the HCG Electricity Department. These functions include, primarily, developing relationships with solar installers, renewable energy market financial analyses, renewable energy program(s) development, and regulatory documentation of customers and monitoring of Department of Energy Resources’ (DOER) Solar Carve Out and Alternative Generation program status. Please send resume and cover letter to Sinead Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting and Metrics
- Reports to the Director of Energy Operations, Sales, and Innovation.
- Manages HCG SREC Aggregation program, with goals of revenue growth, maintaining management of internal processes, and providing external customer services;
- Support the new AEC Aggregation program launched by the DOER in January 2018 including management of all internal processes.
- Leveraging organizational skills to streamline documentation and reporting;
- Report and review regulatory documentation for Department of Energy Resources with completeness and accuracy;
- Researches funding sources for sustainability services and grants;
- Assists in quarterly payments to customers;
- Develops and maintains working relationships with personnel and officials in municipalities, regulatory agencies, electricity related organizations, the legislature, utilities, local businesses and green energy development vendors;
- Develops and presents accurate information concerning the produces and services to government officials, businesses and public groups;
- Develops educational materials for consumers concerning energy markets and sustainability programs;
- Frequently manages customer relationships of the clients and partners;
- Ensures installer and customer satisfaction;
- Researches, develops, and implements other related programs as directed, including energy efficiency, and renewable energy programs;
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Interest in renewable energy markets;
- Two years of customer service experience.
Required Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Skilled in Excel, pivot tables and data Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to diverse customers;
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend new software programs;
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and staff, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to remain focused on detail-oriented data;
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers and staff;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new situations.
RSVP Volunteer Coordinator
HCG is seeking a part-time(18 hours) candidate with experience working with older adults and/or volunteers. The RSVP Volunteer Coordinator manages the recruitment, retention, and recognition of senior volunteers primarily in Hampden County, with a special emphasis on Spanish-speaking volunteers and programs. The position will initially be based in Northampton but with significant Hampden County travel. Reports to the RSVP Director. Please send resume and cover letter to Lindsay Bennett-Jacobs, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE
- Works with RSVP Director and Volunteer Manager in all areas of recruitment, retention, and recognition of senior volunteers.
- Interviews and matches volunteers with volunteer positions, utilizing the volunteer’s unique talents, interests and skills.
- Recruits, trains, and supports volunteers and stations that serve the Spanish-speaking population in the Pioneer Valley.
- Organizes ongoing volunteer training with primary focus on high impact initiatives.
- Provides support and problem-solves with volunteers and volunteer stations.
- Maintains accurate volunteer records.
- Oversees work of select volunteers assigned to the RSVP program
- Represents RSVP in community meetings and events.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with older adults and/or volunteers
Required Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and accurately complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and other program-specific software)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to use for work
- Ability to lift boxes with programmatic materials up to 30 pounds
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as job requires
- Successful completion of the National Service Criminal History Check components, including the NSOPW, state check, and FBI check
Digital Marketing Intern
Description: The Digital Marketing intern assists with the creation and implementation of the strategy of digital marketing programs and campaigns for our existing customer database and for expanding our customer database. This role is responsible for assisting with the implementation and execution of digital marketing programs across a variety of channels, including email Marketing, SEO, SQL, Social Media and web analytics.
Responsible for assisting with Digital Marketing campaigns, email content, and timely execution of email campaigns
Assist with updating website, e-mail campaigns, and landing page through testing and deployment
Assist in analyzing email results and reporting back to management to further enhance, evolve, and improve email marketing efforts
Track marketing progress through Google Analytics, and assist with research and execution of new eMarketing initiatives (eg: mobile, social etc.)
Help expand and manage all areas in social media internally including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus
Creative writing: Assist with subject lines and email/landing page copy. Participate in planning and conceptual design for online initiatives
Creating and managing lists/databases
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidates are bright, goal-oriented self-starters who are eager to learn and not afraid to ask questions, offer ideas and/or marketing suggestions.
Additional requirements include:
Experience managing and optimizing online marketing campaigns.
Strong fundamental internet marketing skills across multiple channels.
Hands-on experience with PPC.
Experience with web analytics.
Excellent analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Able to independently execute tasks in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Knowledge of Social Media channels and knowledge of SEO, Word Press and Google Analytics.
Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
Follows through on tasks and projects.
Flexible and positive, take initiative, and demonstrate good judgment.
Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Electricity Broker
HCG is seeking a motivated and experienced candidate to aggressively expand our Electricity Brokerage Service to serve large scale Massachusetts institutions and businesses. HCG Energy Brokerage is one of the only nonprofit energy brokerage firms in the Commonwealth. We are a nonprofit that gives back to other nonprofits. Your clients will be able to trust that our team will manage their electricity costs in a volatile market. All the while, HCG is putting revenue back into Western Massachusetts.
We are prepared to put significant resources behind building out a brokerage service, including marketing/sales support and a highly competitive salary/commission/benefits package for the right candidate. This is an excellent opportunity to build an entrepreneurial business unit within the structure of a successful and long-established energy business. If you are an experienced electricity broker, tired of working for brokerage firms, and wanting to do right by your customers, we invite you to grow with us. Please send resume and cover letter to Lydia King, email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE
- Sell electricity services to commercial, nonprofit, municipal, industrial and institutional clients
- Develop a thorough understanding of customers’ business to create customized service offerings
- Using a thorough understanding of the electricity & natural gas markets, develop, recommend and sell suitable customized solutions to clients
- Communicate effectively with energy vendors, and utilities
- Keep current with energy industry news, products and trends
- Grow client portfolio by effective networking
- Unequivocally act and conduct business with the highest degree of ethical standards
- Maintain accurate and transparent records
- Keep organized and meet internal and external deadlines
- Support & promote team work environment
- Participate in mandatory and ad-hoc training
- Represent HCG at conferences and trade shows, as requested
- Adhere to HCG policies & procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution of higher education
- 5 years of renewable energy, energy services or energy commodity sales with demonstrated track record of success and sales advancement
- Professional and polished business conduct, communication and appearance
- Ability to effectively communicate with decision makers
- Desire and ability to lead
- Ability to problem solve on the spot
- Demonstrated record of independent performance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in written form
- Valid MA Driver’s License or State ID
- Authorized to legally work in the U.S.
Compensation: Market-based hourly wage with transparent volumetric commission. Highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and business expense reimbursement in accordance with HCG policy. Three weeks starting vacation.